The second day of racing at the 2008 Rolex Miami OCR resulted in some excellent performances of the Canadians.
- Paul Tingley of Halifax is in 3rd overall in the 2.4 Class after five races. He has one bullet.
- In the Laser Standard Class, Robert Davies of Kingston is storming up the standings! His first race was a 12th which he has now dropped. Then 9th, 5th ,3rd, and a bullet in the last race yesterday. He now sits in 6th overall with Evan Lewis of Toronto right behind him in 7th. Geoff Abel and Paul Brikis are trying to find their way through mid-fleet. Andrew Wong of BC had it tough with 2 OCS yesterday. Right behind him is Oliver Darroch of Burlington, ON, sailing his first time in a Laser regatta outside Canada. Oliver had a tough time trying to make his new boat and sail go in sloppy stuff the first day, scoring 18th and 17th. Yesterday, he fought his way up to a 17th and two 15ths. A big congratulations to Paul Throop of Oakville, who, bringing up the rear, went down to sail a full rig Laser for the first time against this tough fleet!
- From Victoria, BC, McRoberts and Louttit are in 3rd overall in the Skud 18
- In the Star Class, Cramer & Tyler's results are not being reported in the overall standings for some reason. In individual races, they've scored 20, 17, 20, and BFD.
- In the Laser Radial Class, Lisa Ross is burning up the race course, in 4th overall. This is a particularly tough international fleet for the numerous Montrealers racing. Top Montrealer after 4 races is Nicole Bastet of Hudson.