Our Shark racing in the World Championship this week, Photo by Jen Davies.
Day 5, the final day of the Shark World Championship at Beaconsfield Yacht Club did not feature any sailing due to no wind. So, the championship goes to the leaders as of yesterday's overall results. That would be Crazy Ivan from Ottawa, one of the most frequent teams in the winners' circle of the Shark Class. A mere one point behind was Shark Poop, also of Ottawa. In third overall, and top Montreal team was Ketchup.
Tonight is the big party night, and awards. Lobster on the menu, and a good time to be sure. It has been a great week, and this will be a fun way to top it off!
- Crazy Ivan, CAN 815, Dave Foy, Jamie Foy, David O'Sullivan, Britannia YC
- Shark Poop, CAN 1495, Johan Koppernaes, Doug Brown, Michael Lee, Nepean SC
- *Ketchup, CAN 422, George Stedman, Etienne Portelance, Robert Levy, Pointe Claire YC
- Bedlam, CAN 723, Kevin Piper, Tom Nelson, Jordin Clark, Royal Hamilton YC
- Jonathan Livingston Seagull, CAN 276, Peter Van Rossem, Julian Walker, Peter Van Rossem JR, Kingston YC
- Heavy Fuel, CAN 193, Paul Davis, Matt White, Brandon Tattersall, Kingston YC
- *Nuisance, CAN 324, Toby Bryant, Pierre Carpentier, Stephan Waldie, Pointe Claire YC
- Freak on a leash, CAN 185, Jeremy Crowder, Connolly Aziz, Steve Mazza, Royal Hamilton YC
- Eager for More, CAN 1481, Greg Cockburn, Hal Ebert, Andrew Barlow, RCYC
- Tiger Niles, CAN 1489, Peter Aker, Jeff Mitchell, Dave Giles, Bay of Quinte YC
Top from Each Montreal club:
- Ketchup, CAN 422, George Stedman, Etienne Portelance, Robert Levy, Pointe Claire YC
- Blue Shark, CAN 804, Jin Frati, Vince Lehman, Lenore Lewis, Beaconsfield YC
- Gear Up, CAN 1493, Stefan Aebi, Bruce Timmons, Peter Wellington, Baie D'Urfe YC
- Gran Blan, CAN 1463, Daniel St-Onge, Sylie Gagnon, Stephane Demers, CNDM