- Close Hauled - A boat sailing as close to the wind direction as possible
- Head-to-Wind - A boat pointed straight into the wind. Sails will be luffing.
- Inside - A boat positioned between the mark and another boat
- Outside - A boat positioned with another boat between them and the mark
- Proper Course - The course a boat would sail to get to the next mark as quickly as possible
- Room - The space a boat needs to maneuver properly given conditions
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Racing Rules For Beginners #4 : Some More Useful Definitions
In this presentation of racing rules for beginners, knowledge of a few more terms will be helpful.