Race 4 – June 28th
For this the last race of the LTM Wednesday night series, the HYC race committee (Jean-Luc Gosselin and Pat Patterson) chose to set their course right in front of the HYC to offer a good spectacle to their Wednesday night terrace dinner customers! The winds were from the South-East at 10 knots but lightened throughout the race. The conditions where very challenging with major windshifts happening on both sides of the course near shore (sometimes simultaneously!).
In the 3&WS fleet, the Tanzer 22 fleet dominated the race. Michel Ouellet’s Tohu Bohu won the start at the pin end of the line and led until the last leg when he unfortunately sailed into a windless hole! This turn of luck permitted 3 boats to pass to leeward of him! At the pin end of the line, Patrice Delhaes’s Turbo got over first, 10 seconds in front of Pierre Marois’s Coquine who played the committee boat end of the line. Trevor Collins’s Penny Wise followed Coquine’s path to finish third. Tohu Bohu saved a fourth just in front of Chris Campbell’s Shigawac.
In the 1&2 fleet, the HYC Etchells where again in a class by themselves, Allan Gray’s Slim winning by two minutes over Scott Lawrence’s Quill. Pham The Trinh’s J27 Top Gun was third, Ron Harris’s J22 Jazz was fourth and Claude Robitaille’s J29 Perceval finished fifth.
A total of 45 boats participated in the 4 race series. Here are the overall results;
- Slim, Etchells, Allan Gray, HYC, 4 points
- Quill, Etchells, Scott Lawrence, HYC, 9 points
- Top Gun, J27, Pham The Trinh, CNDM, 14 points
- Jazz, J22, Ron Harris, HYC, 9 points
- High Strung, J24, Dave Cobbett, HYC, 10 points
- Varmint, J24, Cyrille Vittecoq, HYC, 15 points
- Red Coat, Niagara 26, Ross Tellier, HYC, 6 points
- Wotan, Niagara 26, David Godin, CNDM, 16 points
- Mahng, Niagara 26, Schmidt, HYC, 17 points
PHRF 3 and VB
- Coquine, Tanzer 22, Pierre Marois, CVL, 6 points
- Turbo, Tanzer 22, Patrice Delhaes, CVL, 7 points
- Sloup du Jour, Tanzer 22, Ken Hodgson, HYC, 19 points